Heterica!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heterica!

Aha! The world of Axis Powers Hetalia has been brought to the USA!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
NO FKING DOUBLE POSTING. .| USE THE FKING EDIT BUTTON.
We need some more states! Apply!
Go to the Woooorld's Profiles and read the Announcement thread there!
Do NOT colour your speech! Plain text for everyone!!

THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
USSR
You're, like, getting there.
USSR

THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! Empty
PostSubject: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Nick shoveled through her closet, looking for something to wear. On her desk was an invitation from Alfred, there was going to be a huge party for this year's Fourth of July. Unfortunately, all the young woman had was an overly-formal gown, and her military uniforms. Of course she had casual clothes, but this wasn't going to be a casual occasion...

Each and every state is EXPECTED to go to this celebration, and an invitation was sent out months ago. They were all to go to Washington D.C.

Unfortunately, Nick had misplaced her letter, and only now rediscovered it. The celebration was in a few hours, and she had nothing suitable to wear!!!... Weren't American's supposed to be all blue jeans, and-

That was it! Nick pulled out a pair of black bootcut jeans, a grey military tanktop, and a red button up shirt. She found a belt, and her combat boots. Maybe this would do?

.... Just in case, Ophelia NICK took hold of the gown, and neatly stored it in a backpack.

She grabbed her cellphone, intending to call Yulian, Doc, and Cali to see if they needed a ride to the east coast. Least you can do when you're the pilot of a Boeing.
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:50 pm

"Alfred's birthday..." Anthony mumbled, pausing amid his Iron working. He couldn't decided if he was more annoyed at Alfred, the party, or himself. "Damn." He said flatly. "Knowing my luck, it's probably today." He looked down, parting the sleeve of his sweatshirt and glove to see his watch. "Alright boys, we're done for today." His workers gave him a look of confusion, so which he answered with a "I got somewhere to be." He sped off without another word, back to his house.

He searched though everything to find it, the invitation that Alfred sent months ago (God know why!) and found it in a pile of 4 months worth of mail. "It is today, son of a- " He rubbed his temples. If only the capital was still at his house, he wouldn't be late.

He spied his watch again. Maybe he could make it on time. Maybe. He hated to be late, even if it was something he didn't want to go to.

-----------------

Leilani was excited. She hadn't been to any of Alfred's birthdays before. She'd also never been to the east coast. It was so far away, but she was ready to go. As soon as she'd gotten the invitation, she put it on her fridge and circled the date on her calender so she wouldn't forget. After all, she'd have to leave pretty early just to get to the capital on time.

She sang a Hawaiian song as she dressed herself in a short and festive red dress with blue floral print. (She chose the nicest one she had!) And prepared herself to leave, fixing her hair up in an almost Asian style bun, and slipping into a nice pair of sandals the same color as the dress. She couldn't wait to see the other states~
Back to top Go down
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Ethan was already walking out the door to his apartment building, walking to the parkinglot. Cigarette between his lips, he reached for his car keys to unlock the black Ford a few paces away when he noticed...

Someone had rear-ended it. While he was away.

Green eyes narrowed as the man stepped on his cig, before he pulled out his cellphone to call a flipping taxi.

He was so well known for the little yellow cars, but he couldn't stand getting into one himself. He was going to be late.

----------

Nick sighed, before dialing Leilani. Being up in the northern region of the continental states, WA nearly forgot all about the Hawaiian girl.

After fixing her make-up, she put the cell on her shoulder, fixing her hair as she waited for the Lei, the island girl, to pick up. OBVIOUSLY, she might like a ride to D.C. in her jet, with the others.... once they finally call her back.

WA was ready to go, and started heading out the door, waiting for someone, ANYONE to pick up!
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 pm

She blinked, not having a clue who'd be calling her at a time like this, but hey, it was nice to get phone calls. The Hawaiian placed her things down with a smile and shuffled over to her phone hurriedly, picking up on the last ring. "Aloha?" She answered pleasantly.

------

He tossed off his clothes haphazardly, slipping on his normal clothing, his vest, his shirt, his jeans, before pausing to think.

Would this count as formal?

"Prob'aly not." He threw off those clothes too, tossing them into a pile with his work clothes and gloves, and looking in his closet, took out... formal wear.

Yecch.

It was a deep blue dress shirt with an even darker blue tie. He wore his best black pants and shoes (That he hardly wore) And slipped on a nice jacket. He'd really be annoyed if he turned out to be the only one all dolled up, but oh well. He ran a hand though his hair (The most he could do for it) and headed out the door.
Back to top Go down
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Nick was relieved when Lei picked up. She kept her face without emotion, havng no reason to be otherwise.

"Hi, Leilani. It's Nick, WA? I was wondering if you would like a ride to D.C.... I have a boeing 747 ready to go..."

Nick was the interstate taxi of the air, these days. She was a pilot, her state made the best airbuses, and the fact of the matter is that she is a no-nonsense girl. Taking care of the states seems to be her only maternal instinct.

--------

Ethan was dressed in a classic black suit, with a white shirt. No way was he going to wait out in the mud for a taxi... He cursed under his breath, and waited for a bus.

At least it would be higher from the road.

He was finally on his way to D.C.
Back to top Go down
Lafayette
Admin
Lafayette

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 pm

He straightened his tie.

Yulian couldn't really figure out how he was supposed to be "casually-formal". So he just wore a white dress shirt with a black tie, and matching slacks. It was nice enough, right?

He'd be there for papa's birthday. He wouldn't miss it for the world.

Oh, wait. No ride.

He straightened his tie angrily.

--

"'Ey! Git the fuck off the road, jagoff!" Tom hung out of his window of the car, effectively wrinkling his shirt. He yelled--he supposed that on a backed-up freeway, this would make traffic disappear.

He leaned back in, shoving himself against the back of his seat. He grumbled, beeping the horn long and loud. He yelled a bit more and rolled his window up.

He took deep breaths. He didn't far away. Be there in no time.
Back to top Go down
https://heterica.forumotion.net
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:58 pm

"Mahalo, I would love a ride." She said, thanking the other in Hawaiian immediately just for the offer. "I'm ready any time you're ready to go..." Her smile seemed to burst though the phone as she spoke the few words.

---

He hopped into his car, and hopped... right into traffic.

AH MY GOD, How the hell did he overlook this minor fact? His place held the most people in an small area, of course there would be traffic. Anthony more or less kindly punched his steering wheel a few times, catching his horn in the process, just like many of his fellow drivers.

So much for getting there on time.
Back to top Go down
Lady Nevande

Lady Nevande

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am

Gabriel groaned, staring at his rather plain coffe machine. Of course it was broken. After all, today was the only the day of the second largest party in the United States. His were better though. Smiling, he began to plan his next party when his alarm went off, jerking him from his thoughts. Shrugging, he turned off the alarm. He stopped in front of an ornate mirror in the front hall and considered the figure he made. He wore a white shirt othat was open at the collar, drawing the eye to the beautifully crafted silver cross hanging around his neck. The shirt was paired with black pants and sneakers.
"Hmm. Maybe I should have worn the jacket?" Shrugging he turned away fromthe mirror and picked up a rather shabby and well-worn leather bag from the front hall and walked out.
He was hungry but he would just have to grab something on the way to the airport. After all, there is a line between fashionably late and just being late. And who would want to be late to a party?
A frown crossed his face as he pondered this question. But not for long.
There was good food and good friends waiting to be enjoyed at Alfred's bnirthday.
And some chicas belles, maybe.
Grinning, he drove off in a flashy red mustang convertible.

Last edited by Lady Nevande on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Nick answered swiftly into the phone.

"Okay, dear. I'll be there to pick you up at the airport in a bit. It's the big plane with black and green stripes. Till then..." ... The colors were not her idea. But they got the job done, making sure she got her comrade's attention...

COMRADE!!!

Nick has changed her clothes, yet again, into her flight uniform. A white collared shirt with epileps to show her rank on the plane- CAPTAIN. Black slacks, and combat boots under that. She was suddenly worried about Yuli, though, and forgot her tie on the counter. Ah well. She dialed Yulian's phone swiftly, without missing a beat.

...She hoped he would answer. She already sent Cali a text that she was going to pick her up.

-------------

Ethan was on the bus, and finally made it out of the city when... Who was that out the window? The New Yorker gave out a hearty laugh suddenly, attracting the attention of many poor saps on the bus.

Ethan sent a text to Anthony.... shaking his head in disbelief.

Hey man, I see you. lol. You running late too? Too bad, Ethan should pay more attention. Texting in the car can be deadly. ...

He laughed again.
Back to top Go down
Lady Nevande

Lady Nevande

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:47 pm

After a rather relaxing ride to the airport, Gabriel had succesfully parked his much loved car and was now waiting on his flight. Or to be exact, he was using his time wisely. By flirting with the well "gifted" brunette at the information desk.

"Amoureux, will you honor me with your lovely presence opon my return?" he trailed a finger down her neck.
Giggling, the girl smiled coyly, " That depends."
"On what, mi amor?"
"On how soon you can get back. And maybe, how long you'll stay, hmm?"
"How can a mere man refuse such a one as you?" smiling he kissed her hand.
"He can't."
-Flight 293 will be departing for Washington, D.C. in 15 minutes. Flight 293 will be departing for Washington, D.C. in 15 minutes.-
"That appears to be my flight. Au revoir, I hope to enjoy your company again, very soon."
"So do I," the woman murmured.

The leather bag slung around his back, Gabriel moved quickly towards the gate, his stride easy. Granting the stewardess a brilliant smile and a once over that left her blushiing, he moved quickly to his seat in first class.
A smug smirk lit up his face as he settled in.
Today was definitely going well. He had a date when he got back, a major party to go to, and if nothing happened, he wouldn't be too late.
A shadow fell over him as he thought about all the new faces he'd get to see at Alfred's party. Looking up, his eyes lit up as he gave a dazzling smile.
"Hello, did you want this seat?" he asked of the delicately slender red-head in front of him.
"Oh. well. If it's not too much trouble," she murmured daintily.
"Not at all, my lady," His day was definitely going well.
---------------------------------

Last edited by Lady Nevande on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:25 pm

"Green and black, Got it." She nodded, committing it to memory, although she had half a thought to write it down. She laughed at herself mentally, her memory wasn't that bad. "A hui hou." She bid goodbye before hanging up. She made sure she had everything, present, purse... Anything else that came to mind was packed away in the purse, and she was on her way to the airport.

----------

His car moved, stopped. Moved, stopped. Moved... moved some more... and came to a momentary standstill. Anthony sighed, but nearly jumped when his phone buzzed. He fought his pants pocket for a moment before finding the phone. He opened it, and immediately recognized the number. "Ethan...?" He flipped it open, having the ability to read and drive (Well, it wasn't like he was moving) at the same time. He looked around in the surrounding cars, trying to spot the other state, but all he saw were cars that weren't Ethan's... and a bus. Quickly, keeping his eyes mostly on the road, he sent back a text.

The fact that you know this means you are too. Where are u?
Back to top Go down
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Ethan answered the text swiftly, no longer laughing. Though, a smirk was still present on his face.

On the big, obnoxious bus a few cars to the left. I wouldn't be in this mess if my car wasn't trashed. You?

Ethan sent the message, closed his phone and looked around him. Traffic was so freaking heavy. If only he still had that bike from his childhood, he'd be halfway to D.C. by now...

------

Meanwhile, Nick was already walking from her car to the hangar. She was still on the phone, hoping Yuli would pick up. If not, she would just have to assume he's already in a jet, with his cellphone off, on his way to the capital. ...Then a thought crossed her mind. Wasn't Yuli BANNED from public airlines after some incident?...

Since Lei was the ONLY one who gave her a definite answer, Nick told her copilot they were headed southwest first. Then they would go to pick up Cali -If she would answer the text-... And finally, Yuli. She would switch planes, and fly the three over to D.C. afterwards. But for now...

Nick got clearance from the tower for takeoff, and she gunned the throttle. They were airborne, and headed for Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:56 pm

He read his phone, then with a rather humorless laugh, looked over at the bus, trying to spot the fellow state. He gave up, and settled on one... Ethan-ish looking person in the slightly tinted window.

Eh... I went to work today. I totally forgot about it.

He wasn't afraid to state this fact. The car behind him blew his horn, chiding Anthony for not moving up the same 5 inches the rest of the traffic did during his texting. Anthony paused, rolled down his window, sticking his arm out, and oh so eloquently flipped the other driver off.

The was no room for kindness on the open trafficked roads, apparently.

---

Hawaii caught a ride to the airport where she waited happily, looking for a plane that she was sure was hard to miss.
Back to top Go down
Lady Nevande

Lady Nevande

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Gabriel got off the plane in D.C. and smiled to himself. He had actually arrived on time, for once. He whistled to himself as he gathered his bag, jingling the keys to his rental and walked outside. His cheerful continued until he pulled out of the airport.

And realized he'd left the directions at home. Right next to the box of cereal he didn't have time to open.
"Crap!"

Now what was he gonna do?

Flipping open his phone he decided to text Gianna.
How do I get there?
-----------
Gianna was not having a good day. First of all, she was going to be late. All because she had actually forgotten about Alfred's birthday. Which was friggin stupid!! How could she have forgotten? When she got the invite she had immediately searched for the perfect present, wrapped it, and set it on her desk. WHERE SHE COULDN"T MISS IT!! So how had she managed to do that?

Of course now she had to go pick up her dress, find the shoes that went with it, and a handbag, fix her hair, get her nails done, run back to her house and get Alfred's present and then she had to drive all the way to the airport in the rain. And of course, none of these jackasses knew how to fckin' drive. For crying out loud, it was only rain it's not like it was thunderstorm!

So now she was on the plane, thankfully still in first class, sitting across from some stupid blonde who wouldn't SHUT UP and she hadn't even changed. Life sucked.
Back to top Go down
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:59 am

Ophelia radioed in, asking permission to enter the pattern for a landing. Upon the turn from base to final, her copilot payed close attention, landing the jet with finess that comes only from experience and discipline. Safely, she touched down onto terra-firma.

They taxied off of the runway, and to the airport. A LARGE private jet, waiting for the first guest to board. Ophelia told her copilot to keep an eye on the cabin, while she walked out to find Leilani.

Yulian still hasn't called her back, but she put the thought out of her mind quickly.

----------

The great thing about buses, was that they were HOV. That meant special privileges, mainly the far left lane once they could get to it. And, after a while -lets say, twenty minutes- of stop and go, there was finally a little leverage in the highway.

Ethan leaned back deciding that now it might be dangerous to continue texting his brother, and he decided to try and get a hold of Tom instead. Just because he was that bored, wanting to know where all the other states were in this mess.

To Tom: Hey, you on your way to D.C.? Or were you smart enough to get a head start?

... You know, the thirteen of them, WHO WERE THERE on the original signing of the Declaration of Independence... They REALLY had no excuse to be late. Good thing there was no sign of Alfred getting frustrated and calling them.
Back to top Go down
Lafayette
Admin
Lafayette

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Tom was actually IN D.C. He knew the backroads. Sure, it takes a little longer... Well, not really, since the freeway and pennaturnpike were moving really slow. He got there in record time, it seems.

His phone vibrated and he pulled it out. I'm in D.C. Followed the backroads~ Braggart.

He tried to find the grand hall it would be held. He scrambled around in his car--having parked it on the side of the road near the White House--for the invitation. He found it, yelled out in glee, and read it. Ah, yes... There was a meeting at the House. Splendid!

Pennsylvania parked the car for real, then got out and waltzed up to the White House, past the gates already. He had a feeling he was the first. It made him excited, knowing he was a few hours early.

--

Yulian was flat-out panicking now. He had no ride to his papa's birthday! Ah, the one who'd saved him from England! The one going out with otets! He could very well ruin their relationship. No telling what otets would do to him if he were late...

He jumped when his phone rang, and picked it up almost immediately. However, the person on the other line had hung up too quickly. He barely got through "Priv". He glanced at the number of the person, and hit Redial. It was Nick. His heart raced.

Oh! Maybe she could lift him to the party...
Back to top Go down
https://heterica.forumotion.net
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Nick felt her phone vibrate while she waited for Leilani. She was a little on the low tech side, her phone was old. But it had caller ID now. Amazing.

"Hello, Yuli. Sorry I had to hang up, I needed to radio in..." She paused, biting her lower lip a bit. "Ah, I was wondering if you needed a ride to the capital. I'm picking up Leilani right now, but I can be over quickly."

She looked around, spotting the Hawaiian girl, waving her over.

-------

Ethan massaged his temples, feeling inadequite.

Ah, I would have done the same if my car wasn't a wreck...

He put his phone away for a second, looking out the window to see how things were going. The New Yorker considered filing the damage, but it would be useless. He would just fix it himself. (And possibly force NJ to help out.)

Ethan finally arrived in D.C., and got off with a few other people. He would walk to the White House, invitation and ID with him. And a little something for Alfred. It was his birthday, after all.
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 am

(Sorry, Right now I'm grounded D: *at school, lol* )

Leilani spotted the girl waving at her and she smiled cheerfully. "Nick." She walked over to Washington, purse and gift in hand. She still found a way to to hug Nick, and did so. "How are you?" She asked. "I'm ready to go when you are."

--

Anthony moved bit by bit in the traffic for freaking HOURS before reaching DC. He parked, and jumped out before he realized how empty handed he was. "Crap." He rolled his eyes for maybe the fourth time that day. "Alfred doesn't need 50 presents anyways."
Back to top Go down
Lady Nevande

Lady Nevande

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 pm

The blasting sound of Rihanna and Jay-Z jerked Gianna awake.
"Crap. What now?"
blinking she read the message Gabriel had sent her, "Idiot."
Go to the White House. It's the BIG. WHITE. HOUSE. u can't miss it.
sighing she plugged up her ipod and fell asleep.
-------------
Gabriel stared at his phone.
She must be having a bad day
Shrugging, he looked up directions on his phone and pulled out of the parking lot he was in.
Back to top Go down
USSR
USSR

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Nick was still on the phone with Yuli, and managed to return the half hug to her sister. She put the phone against her shoulder for a second so she could speak to Lei without distraction.

"Ah, okay then. Let's go." She would lead the pretty hawaiian over to the terminal, and onto the plane. A nice first class cabin should do, since she wasn't really taking on 50 or so passengers today... yet.

----

Ethan got into the White House, spotting Tom at the corner of one green eye. He smiled slightly, glad to see someone at all.

"Eh, you weren't kidding." Ethan walked right up to his brother, patting his pocket to be sure Alfred's gift was still there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!   THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE FOURTH OF JULY!! An all American Ball!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heterica! :: Hetericaaa! :: +18 RP-
Jump to: